How long is the wait for the first appointment?
Our services are currently offering face to face and virtual appointments as required. All referrals are triaged and appointments made in line with a clinical priority booking system.
- We are striving to offer the first assessment sooner than 18 weeks
- Our waiting times can vary between each locality.
- Our shortest waits are currently within Huntingdon and Doddington.
- Our longest waits are currently up to 50 weeks in Peterborough and Wisbech
For specific details please contact us on 0300 555 0123. We offer a choice of locations for patients to be seen. If you would like to discuss this, please contact us on the number above.
What is the cause of the delay?
- A national and local shortage of physiotherapy staff over the last two years
- Recovery from the pandemic and following re-deployment of some staff during the mass vaccination programme for Covid-19
- Flood damage to our Peterborough department requiring relocation to a different premises.
What is the service doing to help?
- We have recruited and continue to recruit new staff members to our teams
- We offer flexibility of appointments with face to face and virtual options.
- We employ First Contact Physiotherapy Practitioners across the county who are based in GP surgeries to provide early advice and guidance to patients who seek help for their Musculoskeletal conditions.
- We are triaging all new referrals within 48 hrs and where applicable, clinicians provide condition specific advice via SMS texts signposting to our website with information on self-management.
- Our website has lots of up to date evidence based advice and exercise leaflets which you could use to start early self-management of your referring condition.
- We ask for your feedback. We love to hear your thoughts and ideas about developing our service.
Where can I go for help in the meantime?
- Please visit our advice and exercise guidance.
- For further queries, you may contact us on our telephone number at 0300 555 0123. Our lines will be open weekdays 08:00 to 16:30
To save this information in a poster format, please click on the image below, then right click and press save image.