How can we help?
We focus on restoring strength, function and movement within the pelvic area. We are specialist physiotherapists with postgraduate training and knowledge of a wide variety of treatment options. We work closely with other specialist services if required.
Who do we treat?
We see women with:
- Stress incontinence - urinary leaking with certain activities.
- Overactive bladder - having a sudden desire to go to the toilet immediately with possible leaking of urine before reaching the toilet. There may be a need to visit the toilet more frequently than normal.
- Mixed urinary incontinence – a combination of stress incontinence and over active bladder.
- Small to moderate prolapse of the front and/or back vaginal wall(s) – weakening of the support structures that support the vagina, resulting in bulging of the pelvic organs into the vagina.
- Pain related pelvic floor dysfunction e.g. vaginismus.
- Post natal pelvic girdle pain, perineal trauma and diastasis rectus abdominus.
We see men and women with:
- Faecal incontinence – leakage of faeces.
- Obstructive defecation – difficult emptying the bowel, which may or may not be associated with constipation.
We see men with:
- Urinary incontinence and/ or erectile dysfunction following prostate surgery.
These problems are very common and tend to be ignored. They are often viewed as too embarrassing to talk about but we can help.
To refer yourself for pelvic health physiotherapy please visit our self referral page and complete the form.